In recent weeks, we’ve seen many cold weather records shattered in the northeastern US, and more bone-chilling weather is on the way. Here are answers to some important questions to keep your family safe during this dangerous cold snap.
Q: Do you provide 24-hour emergency service?
A: Yes, for our current customers. Our teams are working round the clock to keep you safe and warm. If you are not an Irish Propane Customer, we will do our best to help as soon as we have serviced our current customers.
Q: What should I do if I lose my heat?
A: Before you call us, try taking these steps to get your propane-fired furnace of boiler restarted:
- Make sure the any power switches are turned on
- Check for a blown fuse or a tripped circuit breaker
- Confirm that your thermostat is set at least five degrees above the current room temperature
- Check the batteries on your thermostat
- Push the reset button on your burner—but only do it once.
- Make sure you have propane in your tank
Q: Is it safe to use portable heaters?
A: As always, use portable heaters with extreme caution, and NEVER use outdoor equipment to heat the inside of your home.
Q: What happens if it snows?
A: It is critical that you keep your driveway and fill pipe clear of snow to ensure we can get to you. If we cannot safely park in your driveway, the law prevents us from delivering your propane!
Thank you for your understanding as we work around the clock to keep your family safe and warm during this cold weather crisis.