Ten reasons to choose dry ice blasting
Industrial cleaning is a dirty job – but someone’s gotta do it. As long as that someone uses dry ice blasting.
Dry ice blasting – a method of cleaning equipment that uses dry ice pellets delivered at high speed to lift contaminants from your gear – is ideal for just about any kind of industrial cleaning application. From rust, adhesives and syrups to oils, powders, mold and bacteria, dry ice blasting will get it all.
Dry ice blasting is not only effective, it also enjoys significant advantages over other cleaning methods like sand and soda blasting, water cleaning, and chemical cleanup.
Consider these 10 reasons to choose dry ice blasting for your industrial cleaning chores:
- It cleans better – Dry ice blasting simply does a better of job of cleaning equipment, both visually and at the microbe level.
- It doesn’t contaminate your equipment – Dry ice blasting leaves behind no water or chemical residue – which means no additional cleanup is needed.
- It gets everywhere – Dry ice blasting makes it easier to get into hard to reach nooks and crannies.
- It works quickly – Dry ice blasting works faster than other cleaning methods, which means less downtime.
- No disassembly required – With dry ice blasting, your equipment can remain built and in place, which saves time and allows more frequent cleaning.
- It produces no secondary waste – With dry ice blasting, all you will need to clean is what you are trying to remove.
- It won’t damage substrates – Dry ice blasting is non-abrasive, non-flammable, and non-conductive, which means it won’t abrade, wear, pit, or erode equipment surfaces. Control panels, glass, electrical wiring, and other delicate surfaces can all be safely cleaned with dry ice.
- It’s eco-friendly – Dry ice blasting meets USDA, FDA and EPA guidelines and eliminates the expense of environmental cleanup.
- It’s safe – With dry ice blasting, cleanup crews won’t be exposed to chemicals or grit media.
- It’s efficient – Dry ice blasting is not as labor intensive as cleaning with water, media, or chemicals.
Whether you need to clean food processing equipment, electronics, electric motors, or just about any other type of industrial equipment, dry ice will do the job faster, safer, and more completely than just about any other method. Why not give it a try?
Need dry ice pellets for your dry ice blasting? Irish Carbonic has them. Contact us today to learn more or place an order!